Sunday, January 4, 2009

From my new sketchbook


Happy,Healthy and Prosperous New Year to everyone!

This is my first post in new year and no painting just a sketch using prismacolor pencils. Yes, I do have new year resolutions and one of them is making a lots and lots of sketches each day. I never make thumbnail sketch even for a big painting. But now I think small B & W are a must for good composing. They are great for warm-up and give so many options.

I am also keeping artist journal and it is exiting so far. I want to keep going.

Travel is on the card but I think I should be able to post from whichever part of the world I am in. It will also give me a chance to explore new subjects to paint and a great stimulation.

I will be painting more bigger paintings this year than smaller(though I don't want to declare any number at this point as my life is going to be little crazy for some time due to travel and things and socializing.) and I'll try to keep a track of my progress here on my blog.

1 comment:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Very nice sketch. Congratulation's on posting your resolutions... this really seems to help some people keep there intent. Happy traveling. I'm looking forward to seeing what transpires.